Spring is one of the best times of the year, but it can also be one of the busiest – especially for homeowners. While you might be wishing you could spend these first few weeks of warmer temperatures and sunshine relaxing, it’s more realistic that your time outdoors is being spent on home tasks.
If you haven’t done much around your home since this time last year, you may need a refresher on what chores you’ll need to complete to get your home in shape. Here is a list to get you started:
On Your Home. These maintenance tasks are important for keeping the structure of your home in good shape over time.
- Assess winter damage and call professionals when needed.
- Clean away and mildew, mold or other biological build-up from your roofing, siding and walkways.
- Inspect your windows for leaks and drafts, and check the screens for wear and tear.
- Clear your gutters of debris to prepare for April showers.
Around the yard. If you have garden beds and trees, they will likely need some work for new growth season.
- Trim back overgrown bushes and trees, especially those close to your house or vehicles.
- Aerate and seed.
- If you’re planning new garden beds, now is also the time to plan, plant and mulch.
Miscellaneous tasks. Of course, your home checklist depends on what you have at home. For example, if you have water features that you emptied before winter, you may need to clean and fill those. If you have a deck, you may need to clean and coat it.
Thankfully, you can spend more time outside having fun with solutions to cross some of these tasks out year-round. Homeowners with the GutterShutter system never have to climb a ladder and spend hours clearing their gutters. Make this the year you say “no” to gutter cleaning and yes to the confidence and safety of the GutterShutter system. Contact your nearest dealer today for a FREE estimate.Spring Home Exterior Checklist